What We Treat
- CVA Stroke Recovery & Cardiac Illness
- Muscular Skeletal Issues
- Neurological Disorders
- Respiratory Illness Recovery and Management
How We Treat
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Pain Management
- IV Therapies, including PICC Lines and Mid-Lines
- Wound Care
A Look Inside
Coronavirus Outbreak- Lets keep our community safe, together
December 2nd, 2020
Due to new guidance published September 15th, 2020 by NYSDOH we have initiated in-person visitation. We submitted our mandated forward safety plan and it has been accepted. Please contact 718-514-8384 (Activities Department) to schedule a visit as in the past.
Due to a staff member testing positive on November 28th, all in-person visitation is currently suspended until Saturday December 12th. We will resume Through the Glass visits 7 days a week until in-person visitation starts again. Video calls are still available 7 days a week. If you have any questions, please call the Recreation Department.
- We currently have 0 COVID positive patient(s) and 0 COVID expiration in the last 24 hours.
- Families will be notified immediately if any resident is diagnosed with the virus or suspected of the virus (PUI).
- We have followed NYSDOH guidance and developed a “cohort” area for all the COVID-19 positive residents and residents under investigation for COVID-19 (called PUI- person under investigation). Additionally, newly admitted hospital patients are also being quarantined for observation on Unit 2C. We are not taking COVID positive patients from any hospital. Families will be notified immediately if a transfer to this unit is being initiated.
- Providence Rest has initiated Executive Order 202.30 that requires weekly COVID-19 testing of all personnel.
- All visitation appointments MUST be made through the Therapeutic Recreation Department by calling 718-514-8384.
- In order to facilitate communication between you and your loved one, we are making phone service available to all residents until visitation resumes. Please call the front desk for individual room telephone numbers.
- The Recreation Department will be offering video chat visiting as well as “through the glass visits”. Please visit the Facebook page to the right for more information or to schedule your visit.
- Over 4,100 video calls between residents and family members have been conducted, as well as hundreds of phones calls between staff and family members.
- Our Through the Glass Visitor Pod has been a huge success with over 1,000 successful visits completed.
Thank you Shout-outs
Thank you to Senior Care EMS for a beautiful Ambulette Parade honoring the heroes that work here!
New York’s Premier Nursing & Rehabilitation Facility
At Providence Rest we provide our residents and patients with faith-driven compassionate care within a scenic setting that creates a feeling of home and family. We are a nonprofit Catholic nursing and rehabilitation facility welcoming all faiths. Our committed staff believes each resident and patient deserves to be treated with dignity, attention and warmth and our holistic approach ensures we support the entire person – physically, intellectually and spiritually. As a result, families are assured their loved ones are well cared for day and night and our convenient location and on-site parking makes visiting at any time easy.