What We Treat
- CVA Stroke Recovery & Cardiac Illness
- Muscular Skeletal Issues
- Neurological Disorders
- Respiratory Illness Recovery and Management
How We Treat
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Pain Management
- IV Therapies, including PICC Lines and Mid-Lines
- Wound Care
Coronavirus Outbreak- Lets keep our community safe, together
September 15th, 2020
Due to new guidance published September 15th, 2020 by NYSDOH we anticipate initiating visits by families on Monday September 21st. We are submitting our mandated forward safety plan and expect it to be accepted this week. These visits will replace our current “Through the Glass” visitation pod system. Please contact 718-514-8384 (Activities Department) to schedule a visit as in the past.
All visitors must present a verified negative test result showing proof of Covid19 testing within the last week (seven days) in order to visit. Visitors will be screened upon entry for international travel and other states designated under the Commissioners travel advisory (currently 34 states). Additionally, temperature screening will be administered upon entry to the building.
Face mask utilization, hand hygiene and social distancing will be enforced during visits. No food or beverages will be allowed in visitation areas due to sanitation requirements. Areas will be cleaned and disinfected between each visit. Only 2 visitors will be allowed at each visit and no visitors under the age of 18 will be permitted in the building.
- All visitation appointments MUST be made through the Recreation Department by calling 718-514-8384. We are now taking reservations. The visitation process will be conducted Sunday – Tuesday and Thursday – Saturday in increments of 30 minutes are as follows:
- 11:00am – 11:30am
- 11:30am – 12:00pm
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm
(Please note: There will be no visitation on Wednesdays until further notice)
- In order to facilitate between communication with you and your loved one, we are making phone service available to all residents until visitation resumes. Please call the front desk for individual room telephone numbers.
- The Recreation Department will be offering video chat visiting as well as “through the glass visits”. Please visit the Facebook page to the right for more information or to schedule your visit.
- To see our In Person Visitation Policy, please click here
- To fill out your In Person Visitation form, please click here. (Please note, you do not have to print out this form)
Daily Update - September 26th 2020
- We are pleased to announce that Providence Rest received their mandated infection control survey from NYSDOH and achieved a PERFECT score with no citations noted! This follows our 5 Star result from our January NYSDOH annual inspection.
- We have followed NYSDOH guidance and developed a “cohort” area for all the COVID-19 positive residents and residents under investigation for COVID-19 (called PUI- person under investigation). Additionally, newly admitted hospital patients are also being quarantined for observation on Unit 2C. We are not taking COVID positive patients from any hospital. Families will be notified immediately if a transfer to this unit is being initiated.
- We currently have 0 COVID positive patients and 0 COVID expiration in the last 24 hours.
- All COVID positive, PUI patients and hospital observation patients are being cohorted on 40 bed Unit 2C.
- Families will be notified immediately if any resident is diagnosed with the virus or suspected of the virus (PUI).
- Staffing is being monitored at the highest levels every shift.
- Over 3,200 video calls between residents and family members have been conducted, as well as hundreds of phones calls between staff and family members.
- Our Through the Glass Visitor Pod has been a huge success with over 600 successful visits completed. We are offering these visits Monday through Friday by appointment only. Call Recreation for more details.
- We have a strong, dedicated staff on our COVID unit, which includes Registered Nurses.
- We are following all CDC and NYSDOH regulations regarding infection control protocols related to Covid-19 management. This includes proper levels of PPE and enforcement of social distancing guidelines.
- Over 10% of our residents are end of life/Palliative. We are in the top 10% nationally according to CMS of residents over 80 years of age. We are working diligently to manage this very fragile population in our facility on a daily basis.
- Our clinical staff is very focused on providing direct care. If possible, direct your non emergent call to Social Services and we will provide an update.
- Providence Rest has initiated Executive Order 202.30 that requires weekly COVID-19 testing of all personnel.
Thank you Shout-outs
Thank you to Senior Care EMS for a beautiful Ambulette Parade honoring the heroes that work here!
New York’s Premier Nursing & Rehabilitation Facility
At Providence Rest we provide our residents and patients with faith-driven compassionate care within a scenic setting that creates a feeling of home and family. We are a nonprofit Catholic nursing and rehabilitation facility welcoming all faiths. Our committed staff believes each resident and patient deserves to be treated with dignity, attention and warmth and our holistic approach ensures we support the entire person – physically, intellectually and spiritually. As a result, families are assured their loved ones are well cared for day and night and our convenient location and on-site parking makes visiting at any time easy.
Our comprehensive services cover all physical requirements – including Short-Term Rehabilitation; Outpatient Rehabilitation; Long-Term Care; on-site Social Services and Care Transition back into the home; Respite Care; and Palliative Care, including end-of-life – while our social and spiritual mission supports all intellectual and emotional needs. Our skilled medical and health care staff includes nurses and nurse practioners, care specialists, physicians, dentists, psychologists and psychiatrists. Our state-of-the-art rehabilitation center features a full array of equipment and daily living skill space to enable patients to maximize recovery and our residential rooms are warm, clean and comfortable.